Guardian Angel
When Darius first joined Agape, his form teacher was Teacher Chiu Foon. To me, Chiu Foon is a very good teacher. She is responsive to the concerns and request of us parents. She is able to engage and share with me the well-being of how darius in school. All in all, she made me felt that Darius can enjoy personal attention even in a childcare setting! The mutual trust built made me feel at ease cos I know Darius is in good hands. Guess Dar trusted her too cos he was nick named as "teacher chiu foon's bubble gum" ...keke
Ever since Chiu Foon left, I felt somewhat lost...anxiety builds up every now and then...especially after Dar fell and cut his lips. Sometimes I would wonder what Darius is doing in school, is he safe etc etc. I had to ask and request the teacher to update me on Darius day in sch else it was more like a one way commnication. NOt that the new teacher is not good but guess she is still quite new in this field.
In June, the PG class was separated into 2 classes. Each class will cap at 16 students. Darius was in PG-Joy. His form teacher is a chinese teacher, we call her Shao Lao Shi. Ms Shao has been with the PG class since Dar joined Agape, but she was a language teacher and was not in charge of communicating with the parents. Now that she takes of the PG-Joy class, I had more change to talk to her. She is amiable and I can sense her genuine concern for the kids. She would share with me how to guide the Darius on his learning. She would also take initiative to refrain Dar from water play when he is having a flu. And she also commnicated to me a lot in the communication book. On one occasion, she wrote 3 pages in the book..i read until so happy..haaa. I could also see improvements in Dar's mandarin and behaviour.
Yesterday when I fetch Darius from school, we said "bye" to all the teachers. But Dar suddenly ran over to Ms Shao n gave her a hug. Ms Shao walk us to the door, Dar turn over and gave her another hug. While we were waiting for the lift, it appears that dar still wana play wit Ms Shao.
I was very happy to see that Darius is so close to his teacher. Children are very real with their feelings. They will only be close to those who dote on them and take care of their needs. Finally, I think I found another guardian angel.


2 Comments:
i think you are very lucky to find such good teachers!!!!!!!! hehehe think the teachers makes all the difference hor? like you say, if dar shows affection for his teacher, means the teacher is good. kids won't lie. :)
yep yep, in a way lucky :) Hope tis teacher will stay long man..keke
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home